It's been awhile since I blogged. And there are reasons, I suppose, to the singular lack of blogging in my life. On the one hand, this past year has been incredibly hectic and busy - what with starting a new job, getting my own place, and the like. On the other hand, no matter how huge these things are, I rarely want to take the time and effort necessary to write about them to the "world at large" (i.e. - you). So, I'm thinking now's the time to rectify that. Start new. Fresh.
I used to blog on Xanga for several years - most of the way through college, in fact - but seeing as how I'm wanting a fresh start, I figured I'd pick up a new blog as well. Which has led me here, to Blogger. Here's hoping the stay is memorable (for all of us, really).
A few things about me (and, by association, some of the things this blog will likely contain):
- I am a born-again Christian associated with the Church of the Nazarene, a holiness denomination in the tradition of the Wesleyan movement. I graduated from a Nazarene college, Olivet Nazarene University, in May of 2005 with a degree in Religion and Philosophy. I currently teach freshman Bible at Covenant Christian High School, my high school alma mater. I also work part-time with my youth group, The Shore, at Indianapolis First Church of the Nazarene. That having been said, the Bible and its precepts are big parts of my life and thought. Count on that having some play here.
- I'm an entertainment junkie. Not the kind that reads the smutty tabloids and has to know who's shacking up with whom this week, but I love movies, TV, books, comics, music, theatre... the WORKS! I've been known to write reviews of various things that I see and read, so if the mood strikes, there will be some of that here as well. (My "Heroes" and "Lost" commentaries were a HUGE part of my last blog, so those might reappear when those series come back on the air.)
- I love to write. For a while, I fancied myself a sort of author, but these days I'm really too busy to write much, but occasionally, I'll feel inspired to crank out a short story. My Xanga was a catch-all for a lot of that stuff, and I'd love to subject all of you to it as well.
- Sometimes, this will just be a "day-in-the-life" kinda blog. Hope you're up for that. I'll try to make my days and thoughts seem as entertaining as possible, but I can't really promise anything. You'll just have to wait and see, I guess.
- I'm something of a foodie. I love to eat and prepare good food for myself and my friends. Both of my parents are great cooks and my paternal grandfather was as well... so you might say I've been spoiled with good cooks for so long that good food is just a part of who I am. I'm on the diet now, which limits me some, but still gives me a lot of room to be creative.
Well, I think that's mostly everything that I can think of at present. Check back, as I plan to update this one more regularly than Xanga (at least until the novelty wears off, anyway). Ciao!

1 comment:
Let me be the first to say... "Welcome to the Dark Side!"
You knew I would find you!
And, may I just say, I think you're one of the best looking male bloggers I've ever seen! (But, then, I'm a little partial!).
Love Momma
Post a Comment