Usually when I'm at school, I find myself doing a "Quote of the Day" for the freshmen, which I've found most of them generally ignore. I pull quotes off of a website called BrainyQuote.com and try to keep things interesting by having a different theme for every week. This week (and, if we're being honest, last week as well), I've been putting up quotes by Greek philosophers. Here are some of the ones I've used this week:
Thursday, August 13:"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing."
- Archilochus (c. 680-645 BC)
Friday, August 14:"The unexamined life is not worth living."
- Socrates (469-399 BC)
Monday, August 17:"A hero is born among a hundred, a wise man among a thousand, but an accomplished one might not be found even among a hundred thousand men."
- Plato (427-347 BC)
Tuesday, August 18:"At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice, he is the worst."
- Aristotle (384-322 BC)
Wednesday, August 19:"Those who have virtue in their mouths and neglect it in practice are like a harp which emits a sound pleasing to others while itself is insensible of music."
- Diogenes (412-323 BC)


No comments:
Post a Comment